Making up innocuous rules about life is kind of my hobby.
It’s basically Pangie’s Rules for Life, just without the whole focus on consistency and elevated respect that normal rules are held to.
Today is Pangie’s Rules for Life: “Men Should” Edition!
1. Men should never ever never become giddy with excitement about meeting a character from a movie. You’re not 8; you’re a man. Men don’t let their emotions runneth over in front of a person dressed up in a costume that looks like a movie character.
2. Men should hold the door for women. All women. Every woman. All the time.
3. Men should change their own kids’ diapers. The End.
4. Men should know how to grill a steak. This isn’t sexist because women can, too, but all men should know how to grill.
5. Men should know how to give a woman a compliment and mean it.
6. Men, gay and straight, married and single, should recognize the tell-tale signs of a PMSing woman and know to treat her with kindness and forgive her.
7. Men should never ever never tuck in his t-shirt to his gym shorts.
8. Men should never ever never wear jorts.
9. Men should know when to start manscaping and where the manscaping should end.
10. Men should take their women to a chick flick every once in a while without complaining.*
11. Men should hug and/or kiss their woman without grabbing their boob and/or poking them with their ween and/or wanting something more than just and hug and/or kiss.**
12. Men should lower the toilet seat after peeing. Always. And if you dribble pee on the seat, wipe it off. It’s called respect, yo.***
I’m sure there’s a list that can reach from here to eternity of things men should do. What am I missing?
image credit unknown