Aside from the whole living-with-anxiety deal I have going on, I’m more of an optimist than a pessimist.
That’s why I look at all the positives that come with the big fat negative of being sick with a sinus infection.
- Keeping up on the latest innovations in tissues.
- Getting to take naps without feeling guilty.
- “Get well” notes from Claire.
- Staying sexy while sleeping with tissues stuffed up my nostrils.
- The children will let you take embarrassing pictures of them because you sound meaner with your sexy sick voice.
- Eating McDonald’s cheeseburgers because they’re a natural cure for sickness.
- Using the sickness as an excuse to explain why your sister ran a 1/2 marathon and you didn’t.
- Friends will take the kids for the afternoon after school.
- Getting to see what the insides of your lungs looks like when your cough them up.
- No one complains when laundry doesn’t get done (except it will all be waiting for you for when you’re feeling better).
- Pharmacists will take one look at you when you drop off your antibiotics prescription and say they’re putting a rush on your script.
- When you eat an entire strawberry & cheese danish cake by yourself over the course of your 4-day sickness, at least you’re eating, amirite?
I’m 90% better now, but I still have to take the may-give-me-a-yeast-infection antibiotics for the next 7 days.
Bright side? Eating yogurt every day for a solid 2 weeks!